Mix things up with this delicious summery take on a traditional Margarita. This Festive Season, we’re doing it in ultimate Saffer Summer Style – with Watermelons!
Le Fera Festive Watermelon Margaritas
(makes 12 cocktail glass servings)
- 2 medium limes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 cups tequila
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Cut 1 lime into 12 wedges and reserve for garnishes.
- If desired, coat the rim of each glass with sugar: Cut remaining lime into wedges. Using these wedges, moisten the rims of 12 margarita or cocktail glasses. Sprinkle sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Discard remaining sugar.
- Place half the watermelon in a blender; cover and process until pureed (this should yield about 3 cups). Add half of each of the following: ice cubes, tequila, Triple Sec and lime juice. If desired, add sugar to taste. Cover and process until blended.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Serve in prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved lime wedges.
Recipe credit: https://www.tasteofhome.com/