Let’s be serious – nothing is more South African than a good old braai. Today we are sharing our ultimate “braai salad” known as Mabalingwe Rangers’ “Braai-Slaai” (perfect to add to that Mabalingwe Braaibroodjie Recipe we previously posted). Let the yumminess begin!
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 450g Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tin of black eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin of red/kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin of sweet corn, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1 cup of coriander – some people think coriander is gross/yuck/eeew – so feel free to substitute it with Italian parsley if you are not a coriander fan, chopped
How To Make This Yumminess:
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, white wine vinegar, chilli powder, and salt.
- Add the tomatoes, both sorts of beans, corn, red onion, and peppers.
- Mix Well.
- Stir in the coriander or Italian parsley.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour (or overnight).
Do you have the prefect braai side or when-in-the-bushveld recipe?
Have the super delicious secret basting or sauce that everyone loves?
Let us know and you could feature on one of our blogs – winning the ultimate bragging rights!