Immunity-boosting shots are all the rage right now! They are a great way of getting the antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that you need to give your health a boost, and they are super easy to make. They are, however, quite pricey and with the cold and flu season upon us, there isn’t a better time to learn how to make your own at home.
Ginger Turmeric Immunity-boosting Shot
(makes up to 8 servings)
- 1 fresh, unpeeled ginger root (medium to large size), chopped
- 2 oranges, chopped with rind included
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ turmeric
- A pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups of filtered water
- A blender
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth
- Using a fine-mesh sieve with a bowl underneath, pour the juice through the sieve to separate the pulp from the juice.
- Transfer the juice from the bowl to a sealable jar or bottle. Store in the fridge for up to four days and enjoy the shots as you please (we recommend one 50-60ml shot a day.)
- Turmeric stains EVERYTHING except teeth. Make sure to keep a cloth or paper towel close to immediately clean up any spilled juice.
- Save the leftover pulp and add it to other juices for an added flavour.
Recipe credit: https://plantyou.com/